I think that Spring is beginning to creep up on us. I was so amazed when I was in Seattle 2 weeks ago that Spring had definitely "sprung" there: daffodils not only up but blooming, flowering cherry and flowering plum covered with pink and white blossoms.
We still look like winter here. I think everyone who gardens in South Central Texas is collectively holding their breath to see what comes back, what survived our 3 days of temps in the teens and what is irrefutably dead. (It's dead, Jim. Jim, this plant is dead.)
While I was in Seattle, my man relocated five rosemary plants from the retaining wall in the back to the slope in the front. I was mightily impressed: these plants had a 4 foot spread on them! It has been 2 weeks and they are still green! We planted blackfoot daisies and white lantanas to replace the rosemary in back. Pictures to follow if they survive.
Wish I had more time at home to take care of the yard work that needs doing, especially at this time of year. We should get spring break too!
This feed has moved and will be deleted soon. Please update your
subscription now.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment