Saturday, April 17, 2010

Big ones and little ones

The dog walk was a lot of fun this morning. And the rain held off until we were done.

I don't think we set a new world record (the current record is over 17,000) but what an amazing variety of both 2 legged and 4 legged critters. There was a Great Dane that was at least 5 feet tall. Someone was walking a Chihuahua that was wearing a nike t-shirt and sweat bands on her head and all 4 feet (and you thought I was talking about the woman!) There was a dog wearing a tutu, another one in a batman cape.

I have posted the pics I took this morning.

We rewarded ourselves for walking the entire 3 miles by having an early lunch at our favorite place -- Moonshine, on the patio, which meant Emma could join us. It was a bit dicey when the skies opened up and the roof over our head began to leak. Once they figured out that the drain was blocked the leak stopped and we resumed our lunch.

Austin is really an amazing place -- there is always something to do. When we walked back to the car after the walk, we passed the beginning of a reggae festival, the convention center had something on that seemed to attract lots of teenagers and the 150 mile bike race from Houston to Austin is taking place as well.

Emma has been asleep since we got home. I must say that I am not far behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment