I guess I have been complaining a lot about work lately: flaky co-workers, long boring days, illogical decision-making - the usual Dilbert kind of stuff. So the man has told me I should quit.
But first, he said, I have to make a form with 5 boxes on it. Every time someone really pisses me off , I should check one box. As soon as all 5 boxes have been checked, I can quit. One small proviso to the 5 box program: I have to post the sheet in my cubicle, and if anyone asks me what it is for, I have to tell them.
I created the sheet, added the boxes and typed "P.M.O.A.I.W.Q." (piss me off and I will quit). I then selected a font in Word that is all symbols -- no letters. So... I have the sheet posted in my cell, I mean cubicle, but across the top there are just some meaningless symbols - no readable text. And should I add -- the sheet is stuck behind my monitor where you have to be a contortionist to see it. But it is posted, dammit!
It has been a week. As of this afternoon, I have checked 2 boxes. Today may have been a bit of an over-reaction, and I may re-think it on Monday. Depends on my Monday morning commute, I suspect.
This feed has moved and will be deleted soon. Please update your
subscription now.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment