On a whim, I flew out to San Diego and drove back with him. 1300 miles in 2 and a bit days. I-10 is 1000 miles of various deserts with El Paso (a very depressing place) in the middle. We saw saguaro and ocotillo cacti, miscellaneous road kill, a truck driver who we thought was drunk but realized as we passed that he was texting at 80 miles per hour, license plates from at least 10 states plus various Mexican states, a car held together with black electrical tape. It was good to be home last night, but it will take a few days to get settled back home (much less do all the laundry~).
On a different note: despite traveling and eating whatever I wanted for 3 days, I still lost .2 pounds -- my grand total is now 11.5. The man had not weighed in in about a month and he lost 3.1 pounds. Progress!!
Time to pretend that fall is here and get to work in the yard and house so that we can welcome company at Christmas and realtors after the first of the year.
No comments:
Post a Comment