We have been home from vacation for 13 days. I have been back at work for 10 days. I finally feel a little bit like going to work again. It took almost 2 weeks to get back into the work "swing of things".
I am still driving the "land yacht". Liberty Mutual is trying to mess with us as to how much they are willing to pay us for the Rabbit. It really irritates me: their insured was absolutely at fault, we did not play the "pain and suffering" card, nor did we get a lawyer to try and mess with them. All we want is a fair price for the car so that we won't have to take out too big a loan to cover the difference when we go buy another car. So glad that the man is handling this instead of me. I would probably have said something that could have been held against me in a court of law by now!
Saturday is car shopping day regardless. I would rather take out a loan for now so we don't feel "obligated" to the insurance company. "Sure, we turned in the rental car, so what. We still want a fair price for the car your insured totaled."
On a happier note: enough rain fell in the last 48 hours to bring Lake Travis up 8 feet by the weekend. Only another 22 feet to go to get to a "normal" level for this time of year.
This feed has moved and will be deleted soon. Please update your
subscription now.
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment