Sunday, August 9, 2009

Zumba , anyone?

So my good friend MB invited me to join her to check out a free Golden Zumba class. As my exercise quotient for the last several months has been near zero, I agreed to go. The carrot in front of this stick was coffee after at The Green Chai Cafe and more importantly time spent with my friend (who likes to laugh even more than I do!)

Zumba (you can google it!) is an aerobic exercise class which consists of an hour of dancing to Latin rhythm music in a room with other people and working up a sweat. The "Golden" denoted a slower pace than a regular Zumba class. As anyone who knows me can attest, my sense of rhythm is non-existent, which became obvious within moments of the music starting. I did work up a sweat, which I suppose is the whole point, but I am not sure if it was from dancing or the hot flash I experienced as the teacher dragged me to the front of the class to help me get through a step I was having a hard time with!

As we left the studio, MB looked at me and said, "You won't be coming again, will you?"

The iced latte was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment